Baccarat Rules Guide
Baccarat rules are simple to learn if you have a useful learning guide. Luckily, we have compiled this rule guide for baccarat players to help you with the details of playing this much-loved casino game. Baccarat is one of those leisure games that don’t require much thought on your part. Once you understand the game, you will notice that there is a strict procedure that all the players have to follow. So, you can do other tasks while you’re playing this game at your favourite gambling site.
How do you play baccarat online? Well, there is no need to worry because we are going to detail all the Baccarat rules so that you can play like a pro at your next baccarat game online. This guide contains easy rules for baccarat. We don’t want you to be confused and give up on playing the game before you have even won real money. If you want to become an expert at baccarat, you will have to read this guide further.
Recommended NZ Gambling Sites
How to Play Baccarat Online by the Rules
Baccarat is a card game that involves a maximum of eight decks with 52 cards. A long time ago, baccarat was considered an exclusive casino game that could only be played by those who had serious cash. So, most people did not have the inclination to learn the baccarat rules. The emergence of digital casinos allowed the exclusivity to fall away, and people started having interest in the baccarat game. The objective of the game is to guess who between the Banker and the Player will draw a higher hand. You have to understand that the Player does not mean you in this game. Nor does the Banker mean the casino. These two terms are used to signify the hands that have been dealt with.
Guidelines for Baccarat Game Play
- The first thing that you have to do when you are playing baccarat is placed your chips on either the Player or the Banker. The other option is to bet on a tie. The cards will not be dealt until everyone has placed a bet.
- The Player will get two cards in the first round, which will face upwards. These two cards will be placed in the Player Box. Then the Banker will receive the same number of the card facing up in the Banker box.
- If the Player or the Banker has a natural hand, which is an eight or a nine, then closest to nine will win the round and the bets that have been placed.
- A tie bet will win if the Banker and the Player have the same number of points.
- If nobody has a tie or a natural hand, then the baccarat rules dictate that the value of the card will determine who has won that particular round.
Dealer’s Third Card Drawing Rule
This baccarat rule is a bit complicated. But, you don’t have to worry too much because our experts will explain it to you very clearly. These rules have been set way before you play the game, so they will help you understand why you have won or lost.
- The Dealer should stand if he has 7,8 or 9
- If the Player’s third card is a six or seven and the Dealer has a six, then the Dealer can take another card.
- The Dealer is also allowed to take another card if he has a five and the Player’s third card is four to seven.
- If the Dealer has a four and the Player’s third card was a two to seven. When this happens, the Dealer is allowed to take another card.
- If the Player’s third card is anything but an eight and the Dealer has an eight, then he has the right to take another card.
- When the Dealer’s card is 0-2, then he can take one more card.
Betting Options in Baccarat
The baccarat rules dictate that there are only three bets that you can place when you are playing this game.
- Betting on the Player: this first bet that you can place is choosing to wager on the Player. This bet means that you think the Player will have the hand that is closest to nine. You may have seen this bet also called the “Punto bet.” If you have chosen this bet you should know that the pay-out is 1:1 and the house edge is 1.36%
- Betting on Banks: This is the other bet that you can place when playing baccarat. This wager is considered one of the most favourable bets to place in baccarat. The house edge on this bet is 1.17%, the casino site will pay you 19:20 because this wager is the most placed in baccarat.
- Betting on Tie: You can place your bet on the tie wager. This means that you think there will be a tie between the Banker and the Player. This bet will pay 8:1 on your money because it is quite seldom that you will find a tie. This bet should be avoided because the house edge is significant than the other wagers with 14.2%
See more Baccarat Guides for Kiwis: