Play Online Blackjack Real Money Games
While online blackjack is one of the most popular casino games in the world, the rules might make the card game seem too complicated. Luckily, we have some expert advice for you below to get started with blackjack rules, a basic strategy, and how the cards are valued.
With our guide, you can enjoy online blackjack real money at land-based and online casinos. For now, check out the best online blackjack sites we’ve reviewed and then keep reading.
Online Blackjack Casinos
Blackjack Online Real Money
But first, how does blackjack online work? In the game, you’ll play against the dealer and try to get your total hand value to 21 to win. Throughout the session, you’ll need to bet and make up your hand to get this total before the dealer does.
What sets this card game apart is the house edge, which averages to 0.99% for classic blackjack. However the decks of cards used and how you can double your bet to split your cards.
Still, there’s a lot more to it, which we’ll get into later on in this guide.
Blackjack Rules – Play for Real Money
When you’re playing any variant of blackjack online, there are a few standard rules that won’t change. Some of these are payouts, and others are your moves throughout the game as you try to get a total of 21.
So, take a look at these basic rules of the game and memorise them before you play:
- A regular win will pay the player 1:1 without any side bets.
- If you get Blackjack, the game pays out 3:2.
- Generally speaking, in most versions of Blackjack, the dealer will be required to hit on a soft 16 or lower.
- You can decide to hit (add a card to your hand) or stand (keep your current cards) to get 21.
- Or, you can choose to split your hand (a pair of the same value) into two new ones and pay in your original bet.
- Otherwise, you can choose to double your bet mid-hand and only get one card.
- In some online games, you can double down on any hand value, but others won’t allow it.
How to Play Blackjack Online
When getting into playing online Blackjack, we highly recommend you make sure you are enjoying it safely. Also, we’d recommend sticking to casinos that use trusted casino software developers. Some of the names we think you should look out for include Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Yggdrasil, and Evolution Gaming.
This isn’t a complete list of all reliable suppliers, but it’s a good place to start. We also ask all players to gamble responsibly at all times and ensure they gamble within their means. Never chase your losses and realize that sometimes, it’s okay to walk away from the game.
We’d actually go as far as to recommend that if you want to learn how to play Blackjack, start by learning online. That way, you can get used to everything for free and save your money for later.
Then, follow these easy steps for any version:
- Open up a variant to play and choose your stake from the list of options.
- Then, place your chips on the table and get your opening hand which will consist of number and face cards.
- When that’s done, decide if you want to double down, hit, stand, or surrender based on the dealer’s hole card (face up).
- In the next round, you can follow steps two and three until the showdown.
- If your hand exceeds 21 in any of the rounds, you lose your wagers. If the dealer has blackjack (21) you will forfeit your bets. But, if you beat the dealer by getting close to 21, you get a payout.
- When doing any sort of gambling, we highly recommend you avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages. Alcohol has a nasty habit of impairing your judgment, which could lead you to make poor decisions and incorrect bets.
- It is always advisable that players set themselves a monetary budget before they start playing. Decide how much money you are willing to lose and then stick to your budget. Whatever you do, don’t chase your losses.
- As well as setting yourself a money limit, we also recommend setting yourself a time limit to make sure you don’t spend too much time gambling.
- If you get a hand with a value of 17 or higher, we recommend you stand.
- If you get two 10s, do not split them! You’re almost guaranteed a win unless the dealer gets really lucky.
- However, if you get two 8s, splitting is a sound move. If you don’t, you’ll have a hand with a value of 16, which is widely regarded as the worse possible hand to have.
- With two 5s, splitting is not a good idea as well. In this situation, we’d probably suggest you double down and request another card.
Free Blackjack Game Practice
When you’re ready to start playing blackjack variants, we recommend trying free blackjack practice games. After all, the blackjack table is a high-paced environment, and you need some skill to play it.
Since there’s no money involved, you can make mistakes and learn the rules without any consequences.
Of course, if you play online, you can’t card count, though you can see which cards are greater to get. Then you can take a stab at real money online blackjack with a little more confidence and a bonus from our list of sites.
Of course, and you have so many more variants to choose from, like European, Pontoon, and Blackjack Switch.
Of all our reviewed sites, Royal Vegas has the best selection of virtual and live blackjack games, so it’s our best online blackjack site.
We recommend playing at casinos like Wild Jack, Europa Casino, and JokaRoom for real money.
Yes, and you can even play free online blackjack games if you prefer not to spend anything.
Yes, as many professional players will tell you, it can make you a lot of money if you keep your cool.
To get started, you need to learn blackjack terms and basic strategies, then practice a lot before staking real cash.
Yes, but you’ll have to spend a lot to win a lot, and it’s not as easy as the movies make it look.
Of course, but it uses a Random Number Generator to shuffle the decks of cards, so every shuffle is entirely random.
No, because the games are controlled by an algorithm called a Random Number Generator, so no shuffle is the same.