Online keno is a Lottery type game loved by many Kiwis. As exciting as the experience of having your hard copy from a retailer in anticipation of the draw might be, playing online keno in New Zealand also has some perks you will enjoy. If you like playing the lottery, but not too keen on the long wait to the draw, online keno is the game for you.
Just like the live casino games of Keno in New Zealand, online keno requires players to guess the correct numbers. The more numbers Kiwi casino players guess correctly, the more likely they are to win. The more numbers players guess correctly, the more their winnings will be.
Top Online Keno Casinos NZ
What you’ll find on this page
- How to Play Online Keno
- Online Keno Tips
- Popular Online Keno Terms
- The History of Keno
- More casino games for Kiwis:
- Online Keno FAQs
Playing online keno in New Zealand is very simple once you’ve learnt how. Kiwi Players wager by guessing any numbers between 0 and 81. Picking a number is as simple as selecting the number on the Keno Table.
- If a player changes their mind about a selected number, they can deselect the number by clicking on it. Of course, this can only be done before the bet has been placed. Usually, players need a total of twenty numbers for a valid entry, but this might vary depending on the rules of the casino.
- Once all players have placed their online keno wagers, a Random Number Generator or a Ball Machine (similar to the Lottery ones) produces the draw numbers.
- All players who entered into the draw can then compare the draw numbers to their own numbers and determine whether they have won and how much they have won.
- Like land-based casinos, New Zealand casinos have Keno pay tables which will determine the amounts to pay out to winners based on their matching numbers.
Online keno is a game of chance. Therefore, there is no set formula of cracking the code, but only some strategies and tips which can help you make educated guesses. Here are some top online keno tips:
- Look for New Zealand casinos with Keno bonuses that will work in your favour. This can give you a head start in terms of learning the ropes or just practicing. With bonus points / credits, you can also stand a chance to win. So, going for a casino with a great online keno bonus structure is a no brainer.
- On the occasions, you want to play online games, budget for your bankroll and don’t deviate from it. online keno is an exciting game, so it is very easy to get carried away and spend more than you planned. Chasing losses is always a bad idea and it can land players in massive financial problems.
- Choose to play your online keno game on a New Zealand casino which has good Payout Percentages. See if you can get the online keno game’s Payout Percentages on your preferred casino before you play. The higher the payout percentage, the higher your chances of winning.
- When learning to play online keno, make use of the free play mode if the game offers it, this will give you a chance to get a feel for the game without dipping into your bankroll. We advise all of our New Zealand players to make use of free play modes in casinos.
- Search for keno games that are available on mobile in order to play anywhere and at any time. You can find top mobile keno sites in New Zealand that give you the option to download the app or play the flash browser version.
Online Keno Paytables
These are tables which determine which amounts players can get with possible winning combinations of the numbers. This structure might differ from one casino to the next.
Numbers 1 to 80 all in separate boxes on a grid. Players pick their numbers from this table to play online keno.
The total cost to the player of making a wager for a single round in any given casino game.
This is the portion that is paid back in winnings to the players at a specific casino. For example, a Payout Percentage of 95% means that the casino makes a 5% profit and the rest goes to lucky players in winnings.
The maximum amount the player has set aside to play any casino games.
This slang term is generally used across casino games to refer to the casino.
Also known as “House Advantage”, this refers to the Casino’s long-term benefit while it offers the players possible large short term winnings. A low House Edge is advantageous to players.
Many casinos will offer players this option. This functionality randomly generates numbers for players if they are not feeling up to doing it themselves.
This is the total maximum amount of payouts the casino is accountable for at the end of every round. If the total winnings of the round exceed this amount, the winners will have to settle for lesser amounts than what they actually won.
Random Number Generator
This refers to a computerised system which chooses numbers at random to avoid any kind of bias. Random Number Generators are very popular in gambling and it is a great way for online keno as it ensures unpredictable draws.
This term is used to refer to Keno tickets which consist of more than one bet.
Like many early gaming inventions there are some grey areas when it comes to the history of Keno. But here are some of the most accepted points regarding the history of Keno:
- The game originated in China.
- Credit is given to the invention of the game for having saved an ancient city in wartime.
- The game was played in China using Chinese Characters printed on sheets.
- The game’s popularity has also gotten credit for assisting in fundraising for the construction of the Great Wall of China. However, in contemporary China the concept of Lottery games was not accepted until the late 19th
- The game spread when immigrants introduced it to the West in the 19th
- In 1866 the game had already reached Texas.
More casino games for Kiwis:
Pai Gow Tiles
Pai Gow Poker