Online Bingo Casinos – Best Bingo Online NZ Games
While it might seem like a game for your granny, online bingo is actually one of the highest paying titles at online casinos. Since it’s so popular, there are hundreds of strategies for every version of bingo that could win you real money.
But why should you bother with one of the oldest gambling games in the world? Our team of expert bingo players has created this guide so you’ll find out fast.
We’ll walk you through the game of bingo, how it works, and what you need to get a match bonus at the sites we list.
Online Bingo Cards: Full Casinos List
Playing Online Bingo Games
The popularity of online Bingo has grown, with many players opting to play the game from the comfort of their homes rather than visiting bingo halls. New Zealanders have even given online Bingo its own nickname – Housie.
The widespread popularity of housie can be credited to the fact that it is a simple game that is easy to understand, and fun to play. So first, let’s take a look at what the game is all about. Online Bingo follows a similar pattern to a live Bingo hall, except there are no noisy crowds and no caller.
The aim of the game is to be the first person to mark off, or ‘daub’, all the called numbers on their card in a row. In online Bingo, each player receives one or more Bingo cards that consist of columns and squares.
All of the squares except the middle square, which is known as ‘Free’ space, contain numbers. Players mark off the called numbers on their card as they appear on the screen. Once you have the numbers in a row or correct pattern, you can click the Bingo button.
If you daub the correct numbers in a row with a free space you still win as the free space acts as a free pass. If you miss the social aspect of Bingo, many online Bingo sites provide a live chat option so you have the chance to message other players during the game.
Types of Online Bingo
While it might be a mainstay at local community halls, the online bingo scene is far more exciting for players because of the faster pace. At our favourite bingo online sites, you can find these variants with varying themes:
Speed Bingo (30 Balls)
In Speed Bingo games, the cards have nine numbers on a 3×3 grid and a single jackpot for the full-house winner. Because of the faster pace, you can enjoy multiple games without breaking the bank.
75 Ball Bingo
Most players will be familiar with this version because you have to match numbers to spell out bingo on the 5×5 grid with 25 squares. Every row on the card has a specific number range, so you have to spell out bingo to win.
This version of the game is an online exclusive and features a number range for each row on the card. In 80 ball bingo, you can buy a 4×4 card with 16 numbers (or multiple tickets).
Overall, the most exciting variant is 90-ball online bingo, because it works in three stages for wins. The first person to finish the first horizontal row gets a prize, and the first person to get two also wins. However, the jackpot goes to the first person to correctly match their entire card.
Best Ways to Win: Online Bingo Strategy
- Make sure that the site is licensed by a reputable regulating authority. This ensures that the games are fair and that the casino is legal.
- It is easy to get carried away when playing housie, therefore it is a good idea to set a bankroll before you start playing so you know your spending limit.
- Understand that Bingo is a game of chance and you do not have a great influence over the game. Knowing this will help you keep your cool if things don’t go your way.
- Play with more than one Bingo card in a game as it increases your chances of winning as a basic strategy.
- Try playing the simple Bingo variations such as 75 ball Bingo, before you move on to more difficult variations. This will help you gain a better understanding of the game so you can play better.
- Make friends in the community using the chat option as it will make the game more entertaining and provide you with extra advice and help if need be.
- Look into special online Bingo nights as many online casinos offer these online Bingo nights with more bonuses and higher chances of winning.
- Play the game in automatic mode if you are playing with more than one Bingo card as this will make it easier to keep track. Automatic play means that the numbers will automatically be daubed for you.
Bingo Online FAQs
We highly recommend the 80-ball games at LeoVegas’ exclusive online bingo rooms if you want steady wins.
Of course, as long as you are playing for real money, you’ll win money back while playing.
Yes, provided that you’re playing at a licensed and regulated site that has regularly audited games.
No, because it’s run by Random Number Generators (RNGs) that can’t be hacked or altered without making the game impossible to play.
Some experts say that playing multiple cards will increase your odds of winning big, but not by much. Still, it’s worth a try if you’re playing $1 bingo at a land-based hall.
Up to 15 players can be randomly entered into a bingo game from the lobby.
Your odds of winning are based on the number of cards in play, so it’s hard to give an exact answer. But, a common example uses 100 cards, making your chances 1% if you buy a single ticket and so on.
Like any other game of chance, there are no commonly called numbers in bingo because it’s not a fixed game and it’s meant to be random. So, even land-based games are hard to predict.