Casinos that Accept Amex – American Express Casinos List
While it may not be as popular as Visa or Mastercard, there are some advantages to using American Express credit cards at casinos. This banking method has been around for a long time, and it has some of the best support.
But are there online casinos that accept American Express in New Zealand? The answer is: yes, but only select sits accept it for deposits and withdrawals.
Of course, American Express offers some added extras, but there are drawbacks to using the cards at casino sites. In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to use it, where it’s accepted, and some other important information.
Best American Express Casinos
Using American Express at Casinos
Finding casinos that accept American Express cards is tricky because of USA Banking and Finance regulations. These regulations prohibit using Amex for gambling-related activities by financial institutions. So players can rest assured that top online casinos who accept Amex will be worth it.
One drawback of using American Express for casino withdrawals is that your first withdrawal will be tricky. You’ll have to prove that the account is yours before processing the transfer. Luckily, this is easy to do, and you’ll be sure your funds are safe. Once your account is verified, future withdrawals will process quickly.
American Express Deposit Methods
Using Amex at casinos is just like using your Visa or Mastercard credit card. Below is a step by step guide to using your card for casino banking.
- Go to the casino banking or cashier page at your casino.
- Choose Amex deposits from the list of casino banking options.
- Give your card details before you make a deposit.
- Keep your card nearby while you follow the casino’s prompts.
- Use your security code when the casino asks, this will prove you are the cardholder.
- Once you’re sure the transfer is secure, sit back and wait. The process will take a few minutes.
- Claim your first deposit bonus, also known as a welcome bonus.
- Start playing your favourite real money games.
Withdrawals with Amex
When you’re ready to receive your winnings on your card, you’ll need to ensure that the casino will let you. Most websites have no issues with deposits, but withdrawals will have other rules about whether Amex is accepted.
If your chosen site allows withdrawals using American Express, you can follow these quick steps:
- Sign in to your casino account and go to the cashier after you’ve met the wagering requirements by playing casino games.
- Then, choose Amex to make your withdrawal from the casino, but keep some funds in your account for fees.
- Enter the amount you want to cash out and ensure that you read the terms and conditions of your bonus amount.
- Then, click accept and wait for the casino to process your request before your payout can go through and show up in the account.
Amex Cards Accepted
Whether you’re interested in gambling or online shopping, there are a few credit or debit cards available from American Express:
- Charge cards – when you use these cards, you must pay the balance in full at the end of the month.
- Credit cards – the balance can get rolled over to the next month.
- Prepaid – you can put a set amount of funds on these cards and only use that at casinos.
- Amex Everyday – this card has no annual fees and no APR for your first 15 months of use, plus you earn double rewards points at the supermarket.
- Green Card – charges have to paid in full each month, and a membership fee to use it for a year.
- Gold Card – while the first year membership is free, you have to pay it from then on and your full balance each month.
- Platinum Card – here, the first year is also free, but the membership is much higher though there’s no interest here.
Pros and Cons of American Express
Advantages of using Amex
There are always advantages to using cards like American Express or Mastercard at casinos. We’ve listed a few benefits specific to Amex for players.
- If you have a Platinum or Centurion Amex card, you can make larger deposits.
- Amex has 24/7 customer support anywhere in the world in case of technical problems.
- The Amex loyalty reward system rewards every purchase made with your card. This is in addition to casino bonuses and rewards.
- Security measures are state-of-the-art, so your information and money are safe.
Drawbacks of Using American Express
- Most withdrawals take about five business days
- There are always annual fees
- Not all online casinos accept Amex
More about Payment Methods
- Wire Transfer
American Express FAQs
Yes, there are a handful of casinos that accept it right now, like Spin Casino, Royal Vegas, Jackpot City, and Caming Club.
To get a card, you’ll have to sign up and verify your identity on the official website. Then, the service will check your credit record and other information before notifying you and sending your card.
You can, but only at select websites because not all casinos offer American Express for withdrawals.
Yes, because both the site and the payment method are secured by high-end encryption technology.
Depending on the card you get, you could pay fees between $149-$1250 in yearly membership costs.
Of course, and you’ll probably earn bonus points for making a deposit to your casino account. However, you might have to pay transfer fees to get your account funded.