Learning how to play bingo is very easy. Most New Zealand players will most likely already know how to play bingo. It is a very popular lottery game after all. Since the game’s modern-day inception in the 1930s, it really has boomed to become a modern staple at many family-friendly social events as a means to distribute prizes to players. If you have really never gotten the chance to try out bingo before, and would like to learn how to play the game, we have got you covered.
Below is our ultimate how to play bingo guide, which includes a set of step-by-step points that are very easy to understand as well as an explanation of the game’s rules. We have also included a set of tips and tricks you should keep in mind while playing this famous lottery game. So, stick with us and you’ll be playing bingo games in no time!
Best Bingo Sites NZ
What you’ll find on this page
Although there are multiple variations of bingo, they all pretty much retain the same rules and that is to create a predetermined pattern on your card.
- Select Your Bingo Game – there are multiple variations of bingo available, including 30, 75, 80 and 90-ball bingo. Your first point of business should be to select the variation you would like to play.
- Get Your Card – in order to participate in the game, players will need to get a bingo card. Some games may even allow them to take multiple.
- Listen to the Numbers Being Called Out – once the game has officially started, a caller will begin randomly selecting numbers and calling them out. Players will then need to mark off the corresponding numbers on their card.
- Pay Mind to The Required Pattern – before the game begins, the caller will determine a pattern the card needs to make in order for the player to win. Pay mind to what pattern you get on your card as the game goes on.
- If You’re Lucky, Collect Your Winnings – if you are lucky enough to be the first player to create the required pattern, collect your winnings as you have won the game.
Before you begin playing, it may be helpful to familiarise yourself with the rules of bingo, which are very easy to understand. Just keep the facts listed below in mind and you’ll be good to go:
- When players join a bingo game, they are given a grid-like card that features the word “BINGO” spelt out at the top. Below these letters will be a range of numbers usually between a certain amount. For example, the letter “I” might be limited to numbers between 30 and 45.
- The person in charge of the game (often referred to as the caller) will select a predetermined pattern that players will need to match with their cards. This could be matching the full card, the first to fill a row or the first to match diagonal lines.
- Players will need to pay attention to see whether the numbers called out match those on their card. If you are playing online, this should happen automatically.
With these basic rules in mind, you are ready to begin learning how to play.
How to Win Bingo Online
Playing bingo online isn’t all that different to playing at a bingo hall. In fact, it may just be a little easier to find your preferred variation of the game. Essentially, all you need to do to begin playing online is the following:
- Sign up to a gambling site that offers bingo.
- Make a deposit into your account (don’t forget to claim a welcome bonus if you haven’t already).
- Select the bingo game you would like to play.
- Begin playing the game.
- Collect any winnings.
More Bingo Guides
While bingo is most definitely a game that is highly reliant on luck, there are a few tips NZ players can follow to improve their odds of winning. Some such tips include the following:
- Choose Games with Fewer Players – if the gambling site allows you to see how many players are involved in each game, choose the game with the fewest. This gives you a bigger chance of winning as there won’t be as many people to compete against.
- Buy Multiple Cards – if a game allows you to buy more than one card, do so. You up your chances of winning by doing so. However, make sure that you do not buy more cards than you can handle though as this could lead you to not noticing that you’ve actually won.
- Alternatively, Play More Games – instead of buying more cards, players could also consider playing more games. This equally gives you more chances to win bingo games. Just make sure that you have the time to waste on playing many games.
- Choose Cards with Median Numbers – if you can pick your card, try to go with cards that feature numbers in the middle. The Tippet Theory suggests that numbers called out in a bingo game tend to gravitate towards the median. Bear in mind though that this theory has never been proven.