Craps Strategy – Best Ways to Win
All good raps players make use of a craps strategy. While no system can ensure you win every single bet you make, they can help ensure that you walk away with some real money prizes more often than not. With the online casino game offering a shallow house edge, there is ample opportunity to win significant cash amounts playing craps.
The casinos listed below all offer players the chance to play craps online. So, why not test one of the strategies you have learnt at one of them?
Top Casinos for Craps
Best Craps Strategy
As long as you keep the fact that the house always wins in the end in mind while playing, you will find that using a strategy helps you make better bets in general.
If you are looking to learn more about craps strategies, you have come to the right place. Below we go through a mountain of strategies players can use while playing online. Some are really easy to learn, whereas others are somewhat harder to grasp. So, read on to know what you should be doing to get more winnings.
Basic Craps Strategy for Beginners
In general, there are two basic strategies we recommend beginners stick to while playing craps online or at a land-based casino. We have outlined them down below:
- Pass/Don’t’ Pass Bet – this strategy sees players lower the house edge down to 1.40% on pass bets and 1.36% on don’t pass bets if they stick to it. Basically, with the pass bet, players limit their opportunities to lose to four possible outcomes. In contrast, with don’t pass wager, players hope to see the number seven be rolled after the initial rollout.
- Come/Don’t Come Bet – if players stick to making come bets, they need to hope that the shooter rolls a seven or 11 after the come-out roll. If they make don’t come bets, they need to hope that players roll a two or three after the come-out roll or a seven as the come-out roll. Overall, the house edge is limited to 1.41% if players stick to this strategy.
These two basic strategies are very good at limiting the house edge. That stated, players will need to be very patient if they expect to win big cash prizes with these two strategies. They offer small, consistent wins as opposed to massive real money win. For such options, keep reading on down below.
Advanced Craps Strategy
A few advanced strategies gamblers may want to look at trying if they are experienced craps players. These include the following:
- Martingale System – this strategy is often associated with roulette, but you can pretty much use it in any casino game. Players increase their bet every time they lose and do not alter it every time they win. The general aim is to ensure that you cover your losses. That said, it’s probably just the right way to lose a lot of money quickly.
- Safe Craps System – players place don’t pass bets at the start of the game. Then, once the point number has been decided, they put an equal wager on the point number. Players win one bet if a seven is rolled in the come-out roll, and both bets if the come-out roll is not a seven. The only way to lose with this system is if an 11 is scored in the come-out roll. Otherwise, players cover their losses or make a profit on their bet.
These betting systems may seem a bit complex to players who are still new to the game. Thus, we recommend that players try it on free mode to ensure that they have truly mastered it before trying it out with real money bets.
Bad Craps Betting Options
We always recommend avoiding a few high-risk betting strategies when playing craps online or at a land-based casino. Sure, they give you a chance of winning absolutely insane returns on your bets. However, you are more likely to lose your bankroll using them. Such betting strategies include the following:
- Big 6 & 8 Bets – this betting strategy boosts the house edge to 9.09%. The payout also isn’t as high as many players would think it be with such an advantage. In fact, it only offers one to one payout.
- Hardways 4, 6, 8 & 10 – these bets may offer a house edge as high as 10% at some casinos. Essentially, players need the dice to land on the same numbers to make a hard figure. The payout can vary from 7:1 to 9:1, depending on the circumstances. In general, it’s not worth taking as players run a high risk of losing.
- Proposition Bets or One-Roll Bets – while these bets look exciting due to payouts being as high as 30 to 1, you will probably only ever win such bets once in your lifetime. They do not fit into a responsible strategy. If you plan on making a once of proposition bet, by all means, do so. However, if you’re still looking to walk away with a profit after your gambling session, you will avoid them altogether.
What is the Best Craps Strategy?
Well, there is a craps strategy that allows you to eliminate the house edge. It is called the laying odds strategy. Basically, when a point has been thrown, players have the opportunity to bet on a multiple of their don’t pass/pass or there don’t come/come bets. Basically, players hope that the point number will be rolled again before a seven.
Some players like laying the odds strategy as they are only bets that pay true odds. Not all casinos offer the betting option, which means that players can’t always make use of it.
If players cannot make bets where they lay the odds, we always recommend sticking to basic strategies. While it may take some time to win large amounts of money, you will win on a more consistent basis. Always remember that while aggressive strategies may offer bigger payouts, they do so because you are more likely to lose these bets.