How to Play Video Poker
How to Play Video Poker – Video Poker is a great alternative to other online casino games. If you have no idea what video poker is then you’ve come to the right place. The game is quite complex and in order to do relatively well at it, you’ll need to understand the basics. In this guideline, we will share with you a few highly recommended casinos that you should consider signing up with. We will also briefly explain the game to you by detailing a few rules to follow.
Video Poker is available at most internet casinos in New Zealand. What’s great about these casinos is that they are based online so players can gamble from the comfort of their homes. Below we will list some of these casino sites. We will also give you a few tips regarding how to play video poker. These will help you formulate a strategy for all your games. By the end of this guide, you’ll know how to play video poker with ease.
Top Video Poker Casinos
What is Video Poker?
Video poker is a digitised game based on traditional poker that is played over 10 or more hands. Generally, these poker machines will feature multiple hands and many formats. To start playing the game, we recommend playing single-hand poker games first and trying multiple variants to get a feel for the game. Below we will give you a few basic rules that makeup video poker.
- This is a digital 5-card draw game of poker which is a standard 52-card deck.
- With this casino game, you are not playing against a dealer or other players.
- Once you have placed your wager you press the ‘deal’ button showing on the screen. Following this, you’ll be dealt five cards.
- The player is now faced with the choice of keeping some cards and discarding other cards
- Once you have made your pick a ‘draw’ button will appear on the screen. You select this button to replace the discarded video poker cards.
- This winning hand remains the same; it could be a straight, two pairs, a flush or a royal flush.
How to Play Video Poker Step-By-Step for Beginners
- Choose a variant of video poker that you understand – there are plenty of variations of video poker so picking the one you understand makes the best sense.
- Place your Bets – once you have selected a game you’ll have to place a bet on it. Some poker games cater to both a normal and a side bet. However, not all games have a side bet.
- Get Your Cards – You will be dealt cards for your game. Remember the importance of keeping your cards private.
- Call, Bet, Match or Fold –players will start each round with a wager. Also, players are given the option to call, match or fold depending on the bets made.
- Showdown – this is the final round of the game, and it requires that all hands are revealed. The goal is to ensure that as a player you have the hand with the highest value.
Variants of the Game
- Aces and Faces – this video poker game is played with aces and face cards; queen, king and jack.
- Jacks or Better – in this variation requires a pair of Jacks and other face cards or aces to be considered as a winning hand.
- Aces and Eights– this is considered as the most infamous poker hand. It consists of the aces cards as well as eights in the deck of cards.
- Deuces Wild – deuces refers to the 2’s in the stack of cards. All the 2’s are considered the wild cards in the game of video poker.
- Joker Poker – the joker poker game is a game of poker that includes the joker card. The joker serves as the wild card.
Tips for this Card Game
Ever gambler needs to formulate a betting strategy when it comes to video poker or any other game. In order to formulate such a strategy, we will assist you by giving you a few tips to get started.
- Familiarise yourself with the various pay tables. This shows you the expected return on the money you’ve played with.
- Possess the basic skills to play the game. in order for you to have the skills and the knowledge, you’ll need to familiarise yourself with the rules of the game.
- Practice makes perfect. Once you have identified the best video poker game practice at it before you play for real money.
- Make use of the various bonuses that you identify. This is important because they may save you some money at the same time giving you a chance to win. All of the sites that we have recommended offer great bonuses and promotions.
Video poker is great for players who are keen on perfecting the game and their skills. Players in New Zealand are lucky enough to have some great sites at their disposal.