Tennis Betting Sites
Tennis betting is a form of sports betting around the game of tennis in New Zealand. With so many tournaments throughout the year, it’s also a great way to add excitement while watching a match from home or at the court. Tennis betting is a popular pastime, with many bettors cashing in after a grand final. However, match fixing concerns are rife in the world of tennis, with some countries banning real time tennis betting. For example, in 2016, there were suggestions that players were fixing matches at the Australian and Spanish tennis opens.
Top Online Tennis Betting Sites in New Zealand
Tennis Betting Tips for Kiwi Players
Tennis is one of the few sports with tournaments happening year round from January to December. These tournaments are also known as Grand Slam events in the sports betting world. To get started with tennis betting in New Zealand, follow our handy step-by-step guide below.
Step by Step Tennis Betting
- Choose a budget and set the maximum for yourself.
- Decide on the highest bet you can afford to make within your budget.
- Check betting categories (shown below).
- Use a reputable online sports betting guide.
- Find a reputable online bookmaker to suit your budget.
- Choose a tennis open.
- Place a bet on matches or the tournament winners in New Zealand Dollars.
Major Tournaments for Tennis Betting
There are hundreds of tennis tournaments running, so check your bookmaker for matches. Some popularly watched tennis tournaments include:
- Wimbledon – United Kingdom
- Roland- Garros – French Open
- Australian Open
- US Open
Tennis Betting Categories
Before placing a bet, here are a few categories to keep in mind.
This is the most common tennis wager, betting on which player will win the match.
Betting on a player but with a ‘handicap,’ such as winning two sets by points.
When bettors wager on the outcome of the match in sets, or rounds.
Under/over – this type of bet pays out most often, because players bet on how many sets are played.
When NZ players bet on the winner of a tournament, also known as an Outright Winner bet, this will be different for each tournament.
Other Tennis Betting Considerations
- Match Odds
- Total Games
- Number of Sets
- Set Betting
- Handicap for a set
- Set Winner
- Motivation – some players perform better on clay or grass.
- Fitness – Injuries, recovery, etc.
- Playing conditions – surfaces (Clay, grass, and hard court).
- In-Play betting
- Outright tournament betting